Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baptism for the Hoid Family.

The Hoid family before their baptism 7/26/2011
MOM,
Thank you for getting my letters to my Grand Parentals. That is to bad to hear about Jason and his fam, but I am glad that you were able to help out and make sure that they were safe. I can't believe you got to talk again, next week I get to give another talk. I talk about every two months, it is funny.
 I wanted to talk to you today about how I was able to see that I have a passion for the work. I love those that I serve as a leader. I have been able to see a change in the Hoid family, they are getting baptized tomorrow, and we are so happy to help them to baptism. I am so glad for this work. In fact I was wondering if you could price a picture of the Temple that is in the front room that Val made for you. I want to get them one so that they always have a vision to go to the temple and make a change in there lives as a family to be sealed.
I have seen myself come so much closer to Christ. I have seen His Hand many times in the mission. I have grown so much in a good way. I never really thought that I would be wanting to say that. I know that this gospel is true. I love it with all of my heart. I am sorry that I usually don't write much, I always feel like I am rushed on time. But I am going to go fishing today and I think that is awesome because I haven't been for FOREVER.
I love it here in Youngstown, I know that this is where I need to be. I am grateful for my goal to be so close to being accomplished for this transfer. I have decide to sent a vision for the rest of my mission. I want to be the very best that I can in order to do all that I can for the Lord, those that I teach, and for myself, in order to grow so much more. I really have seen such a growth in my desire about missionary work. I love it, I know that I have gained a Passion for it. I love the fact that I have seen the power of the Atonement in my life and the lives of others. I love this work with all of my heart.
I love you and I hope that I wasn't as scattered as I usually am. I love you mom an I hope that you have a good day.
Love,
Elder Rasmussen

Dear El Papito,
I have been good. I also hear that you have been good as well. You are welcome Dad I really have taken the advice you gave me for my mission. It sounds like you are still really busy on the pit.
I am glad that you got to speak on Sunday. It is so COOL to serve in the place where my relatives have been, and see the temple that they built. I really know that I have been called here for a reason and there is something that the Lord has in store for me as I do this. I am so grateful for faithful pioneers that were willing to help me receive the Gospel. I know that it is true with all of my heart.
You need to tell mom that I had that Copyrighted so that is a federal offense for using my letter against my will.
I am sorry that I don't write much but I want you to know that I love you and I am grateful for the way you raised me. I hope that you have a good day and know that I love you
Love Elder Rasmussen

No comments: