Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Loved Conference!

Dear Dad,

I was thinking this past Priesthood session of when I was a kid I didn't want to go at all because it was boring, and long, and hot, and dark, and I just wanted to sleep, and the fact was that I was a dumb kid ha ha. I really enjoyed this last Priesthood session, and it really made me think of how I wish that I could come to Utah and experience it with you again. I want you to know that I really learned a lot from it this past week. I have really come to love the work, it really makes time fly when you are focused.

I was really impressed with the talks that we heard this past conference, one of my favorites was that by our prophet during the Priesthood session and the one from Richard G. Scott, it made me think of those that I care about and those that I have seen on my mission, of how I have made an impact in there lives. One example of this is Brenda and Bella Polanco, recent converts to the church. I have grown to love them and they are really awesome, Brenda wrote me a letter the night before I left Cleveland, which I love so dearly, Cleveland will always have a place in my heart.

In this letter she told me that her and Bella had really grown to love me and that I really helped them out. I have told you in the past that I have always wondered if I have made an impact on people in the past, and I have really seen that with my Friends and those that I teach right now. I asked her who was her favorite between me and Elder Paul just joking around and in the letter she told me if she had to choose then it would be me. I pondered on this and why it was so, I came to the conclusion that I have a way to get people to enjoy life in a sense I don't know how to describe it. I have really wondered my talents, and I have found that I really don't have Physical talents as much as I have Spiritual talents. I have wondered what they were for a long time almost a year, and I believe that the Lord is starting to revel them to me, and one of those that I have found is that I have a talent to serve people, even when I don't mean to.

I am sorry that I ranted but I really feel a love for those that I serve, I love all of my friends, Investigators, Companions, and those that I meet. I really have grown to love Cleveland with all of my heart, I found myself start crying when I thought of it because it was such a sad thing for me to leave, but I know that the Lord has a person for me to touch or many out here in Ashtabula.

I love you Dad with all of my heart,

Love Elder Rasmussen







Dear Mom,

I enjoyed your email, I can't believe that I have almost been out a year, it is extremely wild! I love this work. I have been transferred to Ashtabula OH and My address is : 1636 E 29th St Ashtabula OH, 44004. If you could send me my Garments that would be great, and as well I have another Question if you could look to see how much a 15 32-33 shirt costs just for a price check.

My new companion is Elder Dowley and he is the equivalent of Taylor just white, he reminds me of Taylor. He actually played Baseball against him and Tay beamed him in the foot with the ball because he couldn't jump over it, you will have to tell Aunt Adele that.

I loved Conference, it was so good. I have been uplifted in a way that I really was impressed with the selections of the Talks that were given. I loved it so much, it made me think a lot of how when I get back I want to do some sessions in the temple. I really know that they were given guidance from Heavenly Father to tell us what we needed to do.  It is awesome that Tiff was able to do missionary work. I hope that her Friend continues to ask her questions and feels of the love that the Savior has for her.

I was really impressed with all that was spoken. I know that this work is true and I really miss Cleveland. I want you to read the letter to Dad if you haven't already because I explain why I do. I just don't have a lot of time to rewrite it.


Know that I love you and that I am amazed at how fast the time has flown by.

I love you so much,
Love Elder Rasmussen


No comments: