Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daniel's Baptism

Dear Mom and Dad,
   The baptism went well. I was very Happy for Daniel. He is so great. We gave him some white shirts and ties and he looks like a missionary. I am so excited for him to serve a mission. It really means so much to me to see him change, he was so touched when he received the Holy Ghost.
We had Omar and Anabel come to the baptism and they felt the spirit in such a way that I really can't wait for their Baptism, I am sad though that I won't get to see it, I will be transferred this week. I want to let you know that I had an experience that I will probably never have again in my life. I was able to re-celebrate the 175th Dedication Anniversary of the Kirtland Temple. Something that touched me, was that I have been sent to where I have ancestors that worked so hard even to the threat of death to build that building. I have been called to serve in the place that I know I was sent here to help the work of the Cahoon family and more. It is touching to me to know that I have this wonderful opportunity to serve in this place.
I want to let you know that I love you and I hope that you have a good day. I know this work is true because I have seen it change so many lives. I am sad that I have to leave this area, but I know that I will be sent to help someone just as I was here.
I love you all,
Elder Rasmussen
PS I will send you a picture of the Grave stone of Willam Cahoon.

No comments: