Friday, March 4, 2011

Letter to both of us this week

Dear El Papito,
I have told many people that I call you El Papito and they just laugh because it means "The Littly Daddy" so I think that it is really funny and that you now have a reputation here in Cleveland.
 
Things are going good. We have a Baptism scheduled for the 12 of March and we are really looking forward to it because he is progressing so well. We are a little worried because he didn't go to church the last week and we didn't get to teach him. I know that he will be baptized and that the adversary will try everything that he can to stop him, the reason being is that he is 17 turning 18 and he will be going on a mission.
 
I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had in helping the people come unto the Lord in some way. I want to be able to help those people that truly need the gospel. It is crazy to think that I have been here for almost a year now. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. How are the young men progressing in the ward? How many are preparing for a mission? If so let them know that I am grateful for that effort on their part. I want you to let them know that I care about them and that I have been good.
 
I have noticed that the time truly does fly and that I am trying to slow it down. This week just flew by and I didn't know what happened to it. I have realized that I have a lot of practice to do on my Spanish, Elder LaBar is a great help for me there. I want you to meet his family but that is kind of hard because they live in California.
 
But all in all everything here is just great we are teaching a lot more and I see a lot of potential. I have to get re-focused and I am sure you know how that is. I love you all and I hope that you have a good one El Papito, don't enjoy being an abuelo to much now! :P ha have a good day.
 
Con Amor,
Elder Tyler Rasmussen
Dear Mom,
 
I have been good here in Cleveland, I can tell you though that I am so sick of the snow, because in Cleveland it is 50 degrees for a week and the next day we get snow and 12 degrees, the weather here is so by polar.
The work is good I have really learned a lot as I have been out here. Elder LaBar is such an amazing missionary. I love this work. I am glad to hear that Jason Will be able to finish his mission. He will probably finish about the same time that I do, which is cool. I love this work and it is so amazing. As I told dad we have a baptism on the 12 of march with Daniel Feliciano. He is 17 and he is progressing so well. I am grateful to be helping him to come unto Christ. I have been able to find out now about the importance of Prayer. It is such an amazing thing that I have now Idea the true power of it. But I was able to find that without prayer we don't have the Atonement. If it weren't for prayer that would have never happened, and the aftermath of that wouldn't have happened. That being the Santa Cena, or Sacrament.
 
We wouldn't have the Sacrament with out the power of Prayer. I have truly come to love prayer on my mission and I have had many spiritual experiences only through prayer.
 
I am so amazed at the blessings of the gospel. I love the fact that Grandpa watches over Dash. How are they doing? How is everyone.
 
Well sorry for the short message. But I love you and I hope that you have a good day and that you will be able to feel the Spirit in my email. I really want to be completely converted to the Gospel, because I know that everything truly revolves around the Gospel, EVERYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD, relies on the power of the message that we have for the world.
 
I love you and appreciate all that you have and do and will do for me.
 
Con Amor,
Elder Tyler T. Rasmussen

No comments: