Friday, March 4, 2011

Howdy all

Dear Mom and Dad,
 
 Things have been great here in Cleveland. I have had a lot of amazing things happen this past weekend. We have gotten 6 New Investigators and it is a great thing to see. My Spanish has improved Drastically and it is great to see that I can communicate with some people now because it is such a beautiful language.
 
Elder Paul is still my companion and we have had some hard times this last transfer, but I believe that now we are doing a lot better and he will be a great missionary. I think it is pretty funny at times that the companions that I have had after Elder Fernandez I sort of struggle with. I would like to tell you of how.
 
There has been times with Elder LaBar and Paul that the blame is on me of why they get mad of frustrated, because the way I look at them, talk to them, or just what ever I do. I have often wondered why this is. The conclusion that I have been able to see is that of I have that personality that if you don't do it it won't get done, so I make them and myself do it, in order for things to get done.  In the end the both have told me that they are thankful for me as being their companion. I love them dearly and I really want the best for them. I feel that the reason I have had companions that say that "I am the reason" why things go wrong or what ever is because I can teach them a lesson on how to work hard.
 
I have often been so thankful for the fact that I have been able to learn this wonderfully important trait, as a child and a missionary. I feel that a lot of people don't want to put the effort in to working. I have found that I was once like that, but now I look at myself and see that if I don't work then I will not be able to do the things that I constantly think of. I am thankful for the ethic that you and Dad have taught me in my youth.
 
I know that I wouldn't be here if I didn't have this realization. I love my companions because I desire them to understand that hard work brings blessings. I know that once Elder Paul is no longer my companion the out look on the work will have changed and he will be a great missionary. The reason that I say this is that I have seen that change in Elder LaBar, and he is an amazing missionary!
 
As I was reading about the paintings that you saw. I was wondering if you could get the little 50 cent Simon Dewey pictures of Christ for me, I really love his art work because it puts a new light on Christ. Things here have been great though. It sounds like a lot has happened back home and I am glad that, that is going on.
 
I love this work and I wouldn't come home for any of it sorry to say. This work means so much to me and I am so grateful for the wonderful leaders and those that aren't that have helped me grow and I have really come to wish that I never "Faked" sick, tell Dad that I am sorry for the times that when he came to wake me up and I wouldn't. I really LOVE Church and the spirit that it brings into my life. I think that It is amazing of the change that can go on with in 10 months, and I can't wait to see the change that will continue to come to me. Tell all of my friends that I said HI.
 
I love you both and I hope that you have a good day. If you could relay to all the family, that I am not really good at writing letters back, but I will eventually and that I love them all. (Mostly Aunt Betty for now) I love you all and I hope that you have a good week.
 
Ama,
-Elder Tyler T. Rasmussen

No comments: