Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy New Year!

Dear Familia Rasmussen,
Como estan? Estoy muy bien. En Cleveland hay mucha potential. Pero sus espanol estan no bueno entonces puedo escribir en ingles por ustedes.
It was good to hear from you. First I want to let you know that I am staying in Cleveland for another Transfer. I will be with Elder Paul this transfer. There is a lot of success right now and we are trying to help those that we just found get to baptism. I have found that my mission has been in a sense hard, because I am trying to work hard and there isn't a lot of success.
As I have been here this past week I don't want to leave because if I do then I won't be able to help the people. I really hope that I can see some success here and I intend on doing so. I can't believe that Roosevelt Utah was the coldest place in the nation, did they say that on the news? This last week we had a high of 50 for about two or three days. So it is not cold at all. I can't believe that Danie Gingell is engaged! What the heck that is crazy tell her congrats for me and that I wish her luck.
To answer your questions for Grandma Ruth. I have received the Book of Mormons from her. I have received her letter, I just don't have time to write half the time and I have over 20 or so letters to write and I don't know when I will get them written so in this email I can have a section for you to print off for her and give it to her.
I hope Tiffany has a good time up in Logan. I have really been wondering what I will do when I get back and have to go to school. I don't know when the semester will start and where I want to go. But as of now that isn't important, but rather I feel that I will find it when I get to the point that I need to know. I have been wondering if I want to go to BYU but I am not sure. It is hard to decide. But I hope that Tiff enjoys it there and she will have to let me know how she is doing and her new address. I will email her and ask her.
When you told me about Dash I wasn't surprised since he stole some pants. He is a nut and a funny dog. I bet grandpa was laughing when he saw him throw it up in the air. I Don't know if I told you but the Birkeland family in the mission (vehicle coordinator and building coordinator) know grandma and Grandpa Tonks. I hope that Aunt Adele is doing good. Tell her that I will write her when I can. Or give her my email and I can email her.
A memory of Grandma Ruth; I am grateful for all that she has done for me. Especially when she had me do a lot of the yard work. I remember when we would always go over and help Grandma and sometimes talk for hours, even when we had to leave. I was grateful for that time that we got to spend with her. She really helped me see more than myself as I was able to serve her and listen to her. She is really great I love her for all that she has taught me and still will teach me. Grandma I am grateful for your involvement in my life allowing me to learn many things as I have stayed with you and learned from you, Thank you so much! -Tyler T.
Now for the Letter for Grandma Ruth.
Dear Gandma Ruth,
How are you doing? I am doing really good I am in Cleveland right now on my second transfer here. We have a branch here that is like a twig. I really like it though even though I don't understand much. It is really good to be with the members they are really nice. I have been really good lately and I am looking forward to this transfer. It is great because we found like 5 new investigators and we are teaching them and they seem to be doing great.
I got the Books of Mormon and Thanks for doing that We will give them out and let people see the testimony of all the youth and family. I have been able to see a lot of change in myself this past week and year. I am grateful for the mission and it truly has changed my life. I don't want to get back in the same rut that I was in and I want to be very successful when I come back in doing everything when it is first asked.
This work is true. I am sorry for the small letter. I don't have much time and too many people to write. Not fun but it is great to hear from people. I love this work and the change that it can bring on people and the people in the church. I love you and Hope that you have an enjoyable year this year. I am grateful for your love.
Con Amor,
Elder Tyler Rasmussen

No comments: