Friday, December 24, 2010

December 14, 2010

Dear Mom,
I would like to ask this favor first before I really start my email. The Winter stuff that I would like is for you to send my Snowboarding insulation (just the bottoms, they look like leggings; do to the fact that the top is black and that can be seen through my shirt.) Second, if you could send me that face mask that looks like a ski mask, and some dark wool socks, that aren't the puffy ones that wouldn't fit in my church shoes. Third I NEED BOOTS, ha ha jk I would like boots so I just thought I would tell you like that. Finally could you tell dad that I will email him next week this week has been crazy, I wasn't able to have a full Preparation day.
So my week, I got a email from Alexis, and she said that my email was on my facebook, I would like you to take it off and ask my friends not to email me. I can't use email for friends it is only for Family and President Sorensen.
I did receive the package that you sent me. Thank you for that. So yesterday was an eventful day, Elder Paul and I were able to do things that missionaries usually can't. We drove 4 brand new 2011 Subaru Imprezas off of the Lot. It was crazy. We got pictures of the Temple at mission Conference. I want you to know that I made a Christmas card for you, I don't have a lot of money to do all that you probably would have liked, but I had an idea that you could scan the one that I have for you and Dad, and make more copies for everyone that wants one. I really like them. Elder Paul and Elder LaBar are on it. I want you to know that I am grateful for you getting me that address from Josie. I really needed it I need to write them, after I write like 17 people... ha I don't know if I could do that in one P-Day. So you know the movie "A Christmas Story?" Well on my card is a picture of it and me. It is located right by the Library. 
So now about Kirtland. Mission Conference was great. We as missionaries got to do something that is once in a life time and that no other mission in the whole world can do. We were able to take the Sacrament in the Temple, and the cool and scared thing about that is that we were able to do that just as the Prophet Joseph Smith did just before Christ Showed Himself. The spirit of the meeting was so amazing, I was so amazed of the power of the spirit, even though it is not owned by the Church. I was then able to bear my testimony in the Temple as well. I was so overwhelmed with the Spirit that it was great. I constantly found myself  looking at the top of the stand to where Christ would have shown Himself. It brought joy to my soul. I know that I was truly chosen to come to this mission. I am not lucky to be here, I am chosen to be here. It is comforting to know that The Lord wants me here, now I just need to find out why. I know that this Church is true and that it is His Church, Christ's Church. I love it and I now that it is what I am grateful for in my life. I share that in the sacred name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I would like you to send some of the cards that I will be send you to Adele and those that they are marked to. If you could do that that would be great. And just again if you want give more out you can scan it and make more. I will include a list of who I am sending them to.
Dad, and you,
  1. Tiff
  2. Jason and Alicia
  3. Val and Dal
  4. Grandma y Grandpa Tonks
  5. Grandma Ruth
  6. Adele
  7. Katie
  8. Adam and Michelle
  9. Jessica
  10. Hno Jensen
 I hope all is well and I hope that you have a good day, please let dad know that I will write him next week.
Con Amor,
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: