Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 8, 2010

Elder LaBar and Elder Rasmussen going to
the De Horta residence for Sunday dinner.

Yes this is my companion Elder LaBar.
I think he ate too much.

Elder LaBar aka the "Cookie Monster"

Dear Tiff Tiff,
I know that you think that you are the worst person when it comes to writing back, well I want to let you that you are!... well I take that back you aren't that bad just that you made me worry because I didn't know if you got my many messages.

So being a trainer is actually not to bad but it is still difficult at times especially since I am training at 3 months, that is unheard of in the mission field. I have had missionaries come up to me and say to me that I will be "AP" in like 3 months. It kinda gets annoying but I can't change their agency ha ha. They also say that since I am a Spanish Elder Rasmussen that I will be too. But oh well. My companion is pretty cool his name is Elder LaBar, he is from Thousand Oaks Cali. He is pretty cool he has been taking Spanish for 4 years so his Spanish is much better than mine but that is okay the investigators (Consuelo Cuavas,(which if you translate; but you can't because it is her name; means: Comfort Caves)) think it is funny and cute that I don't know much Spanish. I am gaining so much more knowledge on why the Gospel is so important. It is amazing. Read Ether 2:17 and look for the word "tight" then liken that to the "5" principles of the gospel, which are: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. As you tighten up in these principles you will see that the world will make sense. then go to Ether 6:7-8 and that is the promise. so that is what is new on to the next question.

The work is coming along great, it only feels as if I have been gone for about a month. And yesterday was great I went to a leadership training meeting and the spirit was amazing, even though I didn't actually get to go out and do any work I felt great and uplifted. I have more reason for my purpose it is great I can't wait to get out and do more work. It is hard don't let me make it sound easy but it is satisfying. I love it so much. It is so weird without Elder Fernandez. I miss him so much. He has taught me so much and he had the most amazing testimony of this work. I am grateful for the wonderful work that I have been able to do with him. He has inspired me beyond measure. He is great. I Love him for what he has done for me. I have been up to leading the Wooster area, training and all around being surprised at how the Lord truly has his hand in this work. We have had many miracles and it truly is humbling to see the work that he has for us. I don't have much time and I will be able to write you more on Monday, since it was Labor day on Monday I was able to write today but that is about it. I think that it is awesome that you have a job now and that you got to see Travis again. that is great. How is he? How is work? How do I look in my new tie... oh wait I don't have any :P ha ha jk but I want you to know that I am thankful for your willingness to get those for me It means a lot. Thank you so much for everything you do for me Tiff Tiff. I am grateful for the help you have given me.

I want to share a scripture with you, it is in Alma 26:12, I have tried to make this my scripture especially now with me training. Pride is a terrible thing and I have to be very careful. This is why I like this scripture. I will not boast of myself but I will boast in my God.

Thank you for everything again. I know that I have written you a long letter so I will let you go. Have a good day. or rather Tenga un bien dia.

Con amor,
-Elder Rasmussen

Le amo

No comments: