Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some of Tyler's Letters from the MTC

April 15, 2010
Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that my P day is on Thursday and I didn't get one when I came into the MTC. Today we went to the temple for the first time and I saw Whitney Whiting Mason. It was kinda weird, but cool. As you all may know, I am a District Leader now and i have no idea what I do yet, ha ha but, it is coming pretty easy. The Spanish is kicking my butt right now, but I am glad, it will just mean that I will be able to do better when I get it down. I still have two Companions and they are pretty cool. Elder Pedersen and Elder Moffett. Elder Pedersen is from Bakersfield, CA and Elder Moffett is from Bountiful, UT. Umm classes are going good and I am starting to get it. President Dickerson is the MAN! He has the strongest testimony of the Book of Mormon that I know of and I am so lucky to be in Zone 20! It is the best Zone in the MTC and I know it because it is so uplifting and everyone in our Zone is full of Christ's love. My teachers are Hermano Jensen's (brother is Hermano). They are both amazing people, they have strong spirits about them and I am so glad that I get to learn from them. Ummm I don't know what else to say, but I do love you all and I have been praying for you in Spanish because I really don't know many words, but I do know la familia ha ha.
Love Tyler


April 15, 2010

Hola Mission Prep,
How is everything going for you? Me? Ah, you shouldn't have asked, but since you did I will tell you....The MTC is great. I love it here! Everyone said the first week was the worst, but I loved it so much: the spirit is great and I love to feel of the Lord's love for us. I have come to know more fully of his love for me, just from only a week here. I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the true Church on the Earth today. No other Church can be true and I testify that to you. I know that if you are diligent to the Lord, you will receive blessings. I can actually say that because I have in fact received blessings today as I went to the temple. DO TEMPLE WORK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, IT WILL TRULY BLESS YOUR LIVES IF YOU DO! I can't be more blunt than that because I know it is true. I feel closer to our Heavenly Father every time I go there. I want to let you all know that I am doing alright out here.....Or I at least better be since I am a District Leader fight out of the gate. I was called my second day! Wow, is what I thought. It has been great to see everyone from Roosevelt here. I have seen Elder Buxton, Elder Arko, Elder Wallace, Sister Nielson, and someone that moved away from R-town, Elder Draper. It is great to see everyone here and feel of their love. Well I don't have much time, so I will let you go. Just one more thing, enjoy learning the gospel, even if it seems pointless, it will truly brighten your life. Gain a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Learn to teach your investigator on a more personal level rather than teaching a "wall." I know God loves us each and everyone of us. He wants us to return to him and I want to be able to help others return to live with him. Well time is short. I love you all and I bear you my testimony en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. Buenos Dias everyone!

No comments: