Monday, August 15, 2011

August 13 & 15 2011

 Elder Rasmussen on his Prep. day.

Elder Rasmussen and Elder Decker
 August 13,2011
So I have some time that I want to hurry and email you a short email. I am sorry about last time it was really hard because we had no time. I couldn't get a computer and then we had to go when I got one. It sounds like everything is going well for you and that you are not having a problem spending all that money that you recently got. Ha ha that really bites that we had lost that much money. I bet dad wasn't too happy, but the way that I look at it is that in the long run the more money you spend the better off it will be and the longer it will last. I bought a Sonic toothbrush and I love that thing even though it was a pretty shiny penny. But guess what, my teeth enjoy it, so in the end the better those tires and hoses are the better the equipment will run, don't look at it in a pessimistic way but in a good way that you will be happy for the long run.
     Well things here are good. We have this 17 year old boy Dylan Botzirhart that is super solid and he is finding answers to all of his questions. It is amazing to see that he can find them so easily from the Book of Mormon. He has told us that the Catholic church that he goes to has lied to him for a long time after he has listened to us. I don't know what it is about 17 year old's but they are so solid when they get converted to the church. I love the fact that Daniel Feliciano is going to serve a mission. He is so awesome I almost had the opportunity to see him again after almost a year. I love the fact that this work is true. I have seen so much of a change in myself and of those that I get the opportunity to come in contact with. I love this Church it really is the true Church and I have no doubt that it is. I Love it so much. I Have seen many miracles and I love that fact that it makes me want to do better everyday. I hope that you have a good time going to those Homecomings of my friends, Please let them know that I do miss them and That I have been praying for their success. When does Justin Robbins come home? please find out.
I also got those pictures thank you so much. I love them and I know that the Hoid family will love them. I hope that you all have a great day and that all will be well.
Love your son
Elder Tyler Rasmussen

August 15, 2011
Dear FAMILY,
   I have been good this past week. I hope you all  (in the South where They say WARSH "Y'all") have been good and enjoyed the spirit of the sabbath. I have been good. I have received some letters from my friends that are on missions and they are doing good as well. It makes me really think that the work really is just so perfect.
   How have you all been? How is the life in UTAH? I love it here in Ohio, and PA is alright I haven't been up there that much. So I just want to tell you about some stuff that has been happening here. I have been able to work with this 17 year old, Dylan Botzirhart. He is really awesome. He is so solid. He made sense of the Tree of Life the first time that he read it. HE is also amazed at the Faith that Nephi had and it is just amazing to him that he can find answers to his long un-answered questions.
   He is such a powerhouse. He has seen that the church is true. The only thing is that he can't really do much because he is still under his mother and she doesn't want anything to do with the church. It is sad because of how he really knows it is true. But that doesn't stop him he said "even if I can't always go to church at least I still have the Book of Mormon." It is so amazing to see that change in people's lives.
   In the end of the month, we get to have the head of the Missionary department of the church come to the mission. It will be really awesome. Then after that we have a meeting with him as leaders for an hour. It will be a really uplifting thing to go through. The thing that I love about this mission is the fact that the only way missionary work will move forward is if you understand your purpose. I have really seen that, and it is just so evident that we must do the best that we can in order to have success. I love this work so much and it makes  me so happy to know that the work is true. I love it with all of my heart.
I want you all to know that I love you and I hope that all is well. Please keep me informed on everything. I hope you all have a good day and once again I love you.
Love
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: