Friday, October 15, 2010

October General conference 2010

You can see that Elder Rasmussen is looking
good and happy. He's been out for six months.

We got to watch all of the sessions of Conference but we missed the First part of the first session on Saturday. It was so good i don't think that I have heard a Conference that they talked more about Faith and the Prophet Thomas S Monson. It was good. I loved it. I was uplifted. I am grateful for the Leaders of the Church.
I am grateful I hope you and Dad can go visit him. He is a great man and he truly helped me out a lot. I am surprised at all that I have been able to do all that he as taught me. I have been able to see the progress and the things that he has taught me be applied.
I am amazed at the amount of trust the Lord has in me to do this work, especially to train Elder LaBar. I have never been on my knees so much, which is sad actually. I am thankful of you and Dad for all that you have taught me over this past little time in my life. Thank you so much for everything that you do I love you both and am indeed grateful for everything that you have done for me. I was touched by that one talk about how you need not fear what your child thinks if you are saving their lives from a freight train. I love that because I thought back to when I was back in High School and you both were able to teach me those things that if I were ever in a situation that could have been bad That I was able to go back to the Teachings that I was brought up on and be safe. Thank you for that, I don't think I tell you enough about that, I now see the dangers of the world on teens. I actually worry for my friends that don't know this and I hope that they remember the teachings of their parents and apply them. Faith without works is dead. If we don't apply what we learn then we don't receive the blessings but rather consequences. I love this church and the fact that it is centered not only on Christ but also the Family. I think of our Fathers love for us. He wants us to do what he would do and I know that when the time comes that we will all be able to report back and say thank you Father for the teachings that we were able to apply in our lives away from you. If it wasn't for them I would be lost. what a joyous day that will be. I love you all and I Love this church, Give the best to mi Hermanos (Bros y sisters.)
Les amo,
Elder Rasmussen




No comments: